Slovnaft Cup: MFK Ruzomberok - FC DAC 1904 Dunajska Streda 3:0 (1:0)

In the second semifinál´s match of the Slovnaft Cup played Ružomberok with Dunajská Streda.
3:0 (1:0)
Štadión pod Čebraťom, Ružomberok
MFK Ružomberok vs FC DAC 1904 Dunajská Streda

MFK Ružomberok: Macík – Mojžiš, J. Maslo, Takáč (84. Kmeť), Regáli, Madleňák (78. Twardzik), Čurma, Múdry, Brenkus (69. Filinský), Ďungel (84. Kojnok), Almási (46. Gerec)

FC DAC 1904 Dunajská Streda: Jedlička – Šimić, Balić (81. Bednár), Vida (44. Fábry), Ramirez, , Kalmár, D. Kružliak, Schäfer (55. Zuberu), Divković, Davis, Blackman

Goals: 21. Madleňák, 80. and 88. Gerec

Yellow cards: 33. Almási – 20. Šimić, 90+2. Kružliak

Referees: Smolák – Hrčka, Hancko

Spectators: 365


In the third minute Balić missed the target. After sixteen minutes Macík caught Divković´s shot. In the twenty-first minute Madleňák scored after a Brenkus´s free kick – 1:0. About nineteen minutes later Divković did not use Kalmár´s pass and missed the target. At the end of the first half time domestic defender blocked dangerous shot from a free kick and subsequently Ramirez missed the target after a corner kick.

In the fifty-second minute Jedlička tipped dangerous Regáli´s shot in a big chance. After six minutes Regáli just missed the target. In the seventy-second minute Madleňák did not use Takáč´s pass and just missed the target in the big chance. About eight minutes later Gerec used Filinský´s pass and scored – 2:0. In the eighty-fifth minute Macík tipped dangerous Ramirez pass after a corner kick. At the end of the match Grec used Kojnok´s pass and scored – 3:0. Ružomberok won 3:0 and proceeded to the final of the Slovnaft Cup against the opponent ŠK Slovan Bratislava.

Ján Haspra (head coach of MFK Ružomberok): „Today we entered the match with a great desire to proceed to the final. We all really wanted it at the club, in the city. The first half time was greatly influenced by this very thing. The desire tied together legs of our boys. We were very nervous. The opponent clearly dominated in the first half time. But he did not get a chance. It was dominance in the middle of the field. To a penalty area, it was very good on their part, but despite the fact that they dominated, we took the lead 1:0, which helped us a lot. We entered the second half time with the understanding that the opponent would try to open it because he needed to score. This has also been confirmed. The paths to the opponent´s football goal began to open up for us. We started to be dangerous even in front of the opponent's football goal. We lost our chances again, but in the end we pulled it to our side and I am extremely happy. I want to pay tribute to the club from Dunajská Streda, because they do it really well. It is an ornament of our league. I always feel good there. It's a top club. I wish them good luck in the future. Even today, I want to pay tribute to the referees who managed the match today without any objections. So hat down in front of them, too.“