MFK Ruzomberok - SK Slovan Bratislava 3:2 (2:1)

In the seventh play off round of the Fortuna league Ružomberok played with Slovan Bratislava.
3:2 (2:1)
Štadión pod Čebraťom, Ružomberok
Nadstavba, 15:00
MFK Ružomberok vs ŠK Slovan Bratislava

MFK Ružomberok: Macík – Čurma, Maslo, D. Kružliak, Jonec – Qose, Takáč – Kostadinov (75. V. Jedinák), Mustedanagić (85. Kochan), Gal Andrezly – Gerec (79. R. Kružliak)

ŠK Slovan Bratislava: Šulla – Apau, Bajrić, Guzmics, Stangl (58. Medvěděv) – Ljubicić – Čavrić (75. Strelec), Dražić, Holman (68. Ratão), Moha – Šporar

Goals: 16. Gerec, 45+1. Mustedanagić, 73. Qose – 7. Holman, 87. Ljubicić

Yellow cards: 28. Mustedanagić, 62. Jonec, 83. D. Kružliak – 47. Holman

Referees: Kráľovič – Vorel, Jenčura

Spectators: 1448


In the sixth minute Kostadinov hit the goalpost in a big chance. Subsequently guest player Holman used Moha´s pass and scored – 0:1. After nine minutes Gerec used Čurma´s pass and scored – 1:1. Subsequently Šulla caught Gal Andrezly´s attempt from behind of the penalty area. In the twenty-ninth minute domestic defender blocked Ljubičić´s shot. About eleven minutes later Macík tipped dangerous Moha´s shot in a big chance. In the forty-second minute Ljbubičić missed the target. After two minutes Macík tipped Dražić´s shot. At the end of the first half time Mustedanagić used Kostadinov´s pass and scored – 2:1.

In the forty-seventh minute Šulla tipped Maslo´s shot from a free kick. About ten minutes later guest defender blocked dangerous Gal Andrezly´s shot in a big chance. In the sixty-first minute Macík tipped Dražić´s attempt. After twelve minutes later Qose used Mustedanagić´s pass and scored – 3:1. In the eightieth minute and in the eighty-second minute Macík caught Šporar´s and Strelec´s headers. About five minutes later Ljubičić scored – 3:2. Ružomberok won and advanced in the table to third place.

David Holoubek (head coach of MFK Ružomberok): „I agree with Martin that the first half time was quite of a high standard. I imagined that we would play such a match. It´s a pittywe could not manage it the whole match. The second half time was not so good in the offensive phase anymore. Of course, the first half time cost us a lot of power, and then we felt that the players couldn´t handle it physically. The opponent pushed us into a deep defense block by its quality and we defended it. We weren´t so dangerous anymore. I enjoyed the first half and I don´t say it just because we won 2:1. For our team and for me as a coach, such matches are of great importance. That´s why we do football. I am very glad we won the match. Of course, the opponent played with a modified lineup. I can well understand he must motivate players for the next games. It is no fun. When you earn a title so early, it is difficult. I am very happy for three points, that I met Martin again and defeated him at least one time and wish him all the best.“